Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Northeastern is currently seeking full time patient-centered, customer service oriented Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) to be part of an amazing health care team. Competitive salary and benefits and an excellent work environment.
The LVN provides medical support services for the clinic providers. The LVN performs patient oriented procedures under the supervision of the Clinic Manager, RN or provider. The LVN is responsible for providing high standards of patient care, maintaining a positive, caring, professional attitude and working together with all staff members as a team player. We are looking for individuals who have the ability to work various shifts, may at times be asked to travel to other NRHC clinic sites to fill in as needed, work occasional Saturday shifts as needed.
- Providing confidential back office support for clinic providers
- Prepares and stocks rooms daily. Ensures adequate supplies and equipment are in each exam room
- Reviews patient charts for completeness, ensuring all pertinent information is available (i.e. lab reports, X-ray reports). Ensure completeness of patient information via Health Pro
- Escorts patients to exam rooms
- Obtains all patients’ vital signs with accurate reading: temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, and blood pressure with proper documentation
- Assists and/or chaperones all patients as appropriate
- Proper collection and processing of lab specimens/completion of lab forms and tracking protocol.
- Assembles and arranges equipment and instruments required for exam and assists provider with procedures as appropriate
- Administers injections with confidence and accuracy
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing venipuncture
- Performs vision screening via Snellen and Ishihara with accuracy
- Performs audiometric screening accurately
- Has the ability to perform EKG with accuracy: apply leads properly and operate EKG machine. Rhythm strip and 12 lead EKG
- Has knowledge of and uses universal precautions with consistency
- Has knowledge of immunization protocol and follows protocol
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of sterile technique and sterile field
- Autoclaves and sterilizes instruments/equipment per protocol.
- Demonstrates patient advocacy which ensures patients’ rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Maintains a minimum of 30 hours every 2 years of continuing education
- Maintains an organized, stocked, and clean patient environment
- Makes arrangements for referrals and other services according to providers’ orders.
- Demonstrates consistent proficiency in documentation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current CA LVN License
- Current CPR certification
- Able to perform phlebotomy procedures
- Valid California drivers license and auto liability insurance
Physical demands: Frequent: standing and walking, lifting and moving objects up to 24lbs, positioning patients, exposure to bodily fluids, exposure to infectious disease, exposure to emotional crisis of others, working with VDT’s, repetitive motion (hands/arms), independent problem solving. Constant: listening, speaking in person or on the phone, close eye work, reading and writing, working with public and staff.
Apply in person or on-line.
NORTHEASTERN RURAL HEALTH CLINICS EOC
Northeastern Rural Health Clinics (NRHC) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment or services are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, religious or political preferences or union affiliation. NRHC is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. This is in accordance with State and Federal laws and re-affirms the organization’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies. Our commitment takes three forums:
- Ensuring a non-discriminatory workplace
- Ensuring non-discrimination in all employment practices
- Valuing differences among individuals