Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Northeastern is currently seeking full time Certified Medical Assistants to be part of an amazing health care team. Monday through Saturday positions available. Benefits include competitive wages, medical, vision, and dental.
The CMA provides medical support services for the clinic providers. The CMA performs patient oriented procedures under the supervision of the RN or provider. The CMA is responsible for providing high standards of patient care, maintaining a positive, caring, professional attitude, and working together with all staff members as a team player. Reports to Nursing Supervisor.
- Providing confidential back office support for clinic providers
- Perform routine administrative and clinical duties
- Collects and processes specimens accurately
- Prepares and stocks rooms daily. Ensures adequate supplies and equipment are in each exam room.
- Reviews patient charts for completeness, ensuring all pertinent information is available (i.e. lab reports, X-ray reports).
- Obtains all patients’ vital signs with accurate reading and documentation.
- Assists and/or chaperones all patients as appropriate.
- Proper processing of lab specimens/completion of lab forms and tracking protocol.
- Assembles and arranges equipment and instruments required for exam and assists provider with procedures as appropriate
- Administers injections with confidence and accuracy
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing venipuncture
- Performs vision screening via Snellen and Ishihara with accuracy
- Performs audiometric screening accurately
- Has the ability to perform EKG with accuracy: apply leads properly and operate EKG machine. Rhythm strip and 12 lead EKG
- Has knowledge of and uses universal precautions with consistency
- Has knowledge of immunization protocol and follows protocol
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of sterile technique and sterile field
- Within scope of practice, triages patients to evaluate emergency situation
- Autoclaves and sterilizes instruments/equipment per protocol.
- Demonstrates patient advocacy which ensures patients’ rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Maintains a minimum of 60 hours every 5 years of continuing education
- Maintains an organized, stocked, and clean patient environment
- Makes arrangements for referrals and other services according to providers’ orders.
- Demonstrates consistent proficiency in documentation.
- Valid California drivers license and auto liability insurance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- State certified medical assistant
- Current CPR certification
- Able to perform phlebotomy procedures
- Must have the ability to work various shifts, Saturday shifts as needed, and rotate when needed to other sites.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, maintain patient confidentiality, prioritize to maintain optimum clinic back office flow, and be flexible to meet the needs of patients and co-workers, use discretion/good judgment.
Physical demands: Frequent: standing and walking, lifting and moving objects up to 24lbs, positioning patients, exposure to bodily fluids, exposure to infectious disease, exposure to emotional crisis of others, working with VDT’s, repetitive motion (hands/arms), independent problem solving. Constant: listening, speaking in person or on the phone, close eye work, reading, and writing, working with public and staff.
Apply in person or on-line.
NORTHEASTERN RURAL HEALTH CLINICS EOC
Northeastern Rural Health Clinics (NRHC) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment or services are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, religious or political preferences or union affiliation. NRHC is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. This is in accordance with State and Federal laws and re-affirms the organization’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies. Our commitment takes three forums:
- Ensuring a non-discriminatory workplace
- Ensuring non-discrimination in all employment practices
- Valuing differences among individuals
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.